The time has come to organise our internal Metropolitan Chess Club Summer Tournament for 2023.
It has been a while since we had one, but since no one really remembers any more what COVID and lockdowns are, it is high time to get back on track.
We have to speed things up a bit, as we do not have that much time left before the start of the tournament.
You can enter by sending me an e-mail or by letting me know in person at the club.
As always our goal is to have four sections, in order of strength, these are:
- Naumann Cup
- Silver King
- Silver Queen
Some of the rules:
- Registration will close on Thursday 29th June
- First game will be on Thursday 6th July
- Last game will be before the end of August
- The time control will be 75 minutes + 15s increment per move
- All results are going to be sent to the ECF for grading, which means ECF membership is mandatory. (just let me know if you need help with the registration or renewing)
- Entries are divided into groups with players of similar level
- In case of a tie the final order will be decided by the Sonneborn–Berger score. If that also results in a tie then the trophy will be shared.
There will be an entry fee of £7 which should be paid to me before the first game is played.
Please let me know by 29th June if you want to participate.
I will circulate the groups, full details of the tournament, rules, fixtures and contact list around 1st July.
Let me know if you have any days when you cannot play because of holiday or other commitments. I will try to set the days accordingly if possible.
Dates of the games can be changed, if both players agree. Just please let me know, so I can update my records.
Just let me know if you have any questions.
Metropolitan Club - Tournament Controller
We are closed.
Club will re-open 4th Jan.
Our annual Summer Tournament for 2023 has been ended. Here are the results!
Our summer tournament is about half finished. Check the results!