Welcome to Metropolitan Chess Club
Metropolitan vs Athenaeum Friendly Match Result
Metropolitan v Athenaeum
1. T. Deflesselle 0-1 Dimitar Mogilarov (e196)
2. M. Carballo 0-1 Daneil Farkas (192)
3. S. Roy 0-1 Toni Johansson (190)
4. P. Vachtfeidl 0-1 Andreas Iliopoulos (e175)
5. F. Lees 0-1 Kevin Millward (172)
6. K. Lenaghan 1/2-1/2 John Walton
7. J. Law 0-1 Jonny Kay (162)
8. G. Bishop 1-0 Charles McAleenan (158)
9. B. Sharkey 0-1 Steven Walsh (156)
10. W. Akakabota 0-1 Steven Madden (154)
11. M. Leman 1-0 Jonathan Pinet (153)
12. M. Bertrand 1-0 Martin Leanse (123)
13. G. Robinson 1-0 George Bakoloukas (121)
14. J. Brown 0-1 Jade Acaster (e70)
London League Matches
The club calendar has been updated for London League matches but here is a list
Last Season Summary
It was a good season for the London League Teams with some great results.
Team 1 - Finished 3rd in Div 2 and was pushing all season for promotion only just missing out
Team 2 - Finished safely in 6th in Div 3 after a strong early start
Team 3 - Finished top of Div 4 and are promoted
Team 4 - Finished 8th
Team Major - Finished 3rd out of 10
Team Minor - Finished 5th out of 11
20 Board Friendly Match against Athenaeum Chess Club
The club has organised an 20 board match with Athenaeum.
This is an internal club event.
Event will be this Thursday 17th October 6:30pm start.
Summer Tournament - Internal Club Event
Our summer tournament this year will commence on Thursday 28 May.
You can enter by replying to this e-mail or by writing your name on the A3 Entry List that is on display at the club.
Entries are divided into groups with no more than 7 or 8 players of similar level. Each player meets all other players in the group in turn.
Time controls are as per the London League rules, with Quick Play Finish as the default format, or Long Play finish if both players agree.
The results are sent to the ECF for grading.
The entry fee is 6 Pounds for members of the ECF.
Registration will close on Thursday 21 May.
I will be sending full details for the tournament, rules, fixtures, charts and contact list after the closing date. Please see Joe or myself for more information.
John Nunn Simul! - Internal Club Event
John Nunn was guess of honor at an internal event organised for met chess members
A great evening was had by all
Page 3 of 4